Belly fat can make your life miserable.
Especially for women over 40, women who have given birth, or women going through hormonal changes.
Shopping is no fun because you don't like how you look in any clothes. Standing in front of a mirror is like a punishment to you. Sound familiar?
You don't like going around people because you are self-conscious about the belly fat, so you just stay home and have no social life (but your phone, of course).
All of this depression causes you to grab the worst foods possible. You lean on sugar, carbs, and eat out a lot to get yourself through the day.
The scale just climbs up and up and this process starts all over again the next day.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you need to take action before its too late!
Stubborn belly fat will eventually lead to major health issues such as: Diabetes, high blood pressure, and can even cause heart attacks. Your life will be shorter because of this belly fat. It's time to take action now!
Lose Lower Belly Fat with These 2 Life Changing Habits. What Really Works and Where Do I Start?
Losing lower belly fat can be a frustrating. Millions of women around the world are trying all types of strategies to win the "battle of the bulge". But the question is "What really works?" and "Where do I start?"
Helpful Information from a Fitness Expert and Trainer!
Studies have shown women over 40 struggles with losing belly fat because of hormone changes and eating habits. "The biggest reasons women struggle with seeing results after age 40 are because they don't incorporate strength training and they're afraid to eat real food," says Los Angeles-based fitness expert and trainer Sarah Kusch, creator of The Toning Transformation DVD. "Eating clean and picking up weights—even light ones—are the fastest ways to change your body." (credit )
Strength Training - It Works!
The right combination of exercises, performed at the right time can trigger an “afterburn” effect that last for hours and even days, allowing you to burn fat from stubborn areas while you sit around.
Strength training is the best way to tone up fast! Lose that belly fat forever! Start a routine today.
Workouts You Can Do at Home in Less Than 30 Minutes with Just a Pair of Dumbbells! Check them out!
Strength training helps our health in many ways, here are few.
- Builds stronger muscles and bones
- Burns fat & calories
- Improves heart function
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight
- Improves sleep
The list goes on. Check into a local strength training program near you. You can also get started right at home! Go to Youtube and type in strength training, you will have so many videos for free! Try this one.
I once had a trainer and weight lifting competition winner tell me that belly fat was all about portion control and what you eat.
Your body needs essential vitamins and minerals to run properly. If we are eating terrible and overeating, it packs on the pounds.
What Is Portion Control?
Portion control is the act of being aware of the actual amount of food you eat and adjusting it based on its nutritional value and the goals of your eating plan. The simple truth is large or unbalanced portion sizes can easily undermine that weight loss efforts. It's easy to end up with more than you realize on your plate.
Start Clean Eating
- Make a list of whole foods you like
- Research clean eating meal recipes
- List clean eating snacks
- Plan your meals
- Learn to modify your favorite meals-Make them healthier
If you eat good 80% of the time, the other 20% you can have what you want, within reason of course!
To get you started here are some healthier food options.
Don't put off what you need to do. The difference
I'm Sabrina with Curly Girl Fitness. I have tried to lose weight all my life. My habits had to change, and I was in charge of making it happen. You can too. Curly Girl Fitness was created to help support women in their fitness journey. We are here. We care. We listen. We support.
Oh, don't leave yet! Visit the Curly Girl Fitness Apparel Line today! Stylish gym wear you will love! We have t-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, accessories in fabulous colors and most sizes available up to 4XL.